I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Ravi Kumar for his podcast series on Product Management. The interview revolved around feature prioritization and the 4 pillars of product leadership. Enjoy!
Ravi’s interview series, YoursProductly, has been gaining a lot of momentum, and he has interviewed some of the top names in Product Management. Needless to say, I was very excited when he invited me to participate.
Here’s the link to the interview and the breakdown of the topics we covered at various times during the interview. I also provide links to the TPM posts we discussed.
- 3:00: Daniel’s career journey
- 8:35: About the blog, TechProductManagement.com
- 13:10: Why is feature prioritization so challenging and draining?
- 15:00: What are the key missteps product managers make while prioritizing features?
- 21:00: Feature prioritization techniques (referenced post)
- 30:00: Jeff Sutherland’s prioritization rule
- 37:00: How to align organizational vision and strategy with individual product features (referenced post)
- 43:00: Kano Model
- 48:00: Daniel’s 4 Pillars of Product Leadership (referenced post)
- 53:00: Daniel’s biggest challenge in his product management career
- 56:00: Daniel’s book recommendations for product managers (books section)
- 1:00:00: Recommended tools for Product Managers