Welcome to IoT Shop Talk, a new series at TechProductManagement. IoT Shop Talk features in-depth conversations with product leaders on what it takes to build great IoT products…all from a Product Management perspective.
In this edition, I’m talking with Josh Pederson, Director of Product Management at Ayla Networks. Ayla provides the industry’s first Agile IoT Platform architected for enterprise-scale to enable any device to connect to the cloud and applications. You can learn more about Ayla here.
Here are the key topics I discuss with Josh:
- Tell me about yourself, your background, and how you got where you are today
- Tell me about Ayla and your role as head of products
- In your experience, what are the biggest challenges companies face when building IoT products?
- How does your product team perform user research to understand what your customers need?
- How does your team manage the roadmap, to balance what needs to be delivered today vs. keeping an eye on where the industry is going?
- What do you look for when hiring Product Managers for IoT-related roles?
- What advice would you give to Product Managers entering the IoT space?
I hope you enjoy this new series, and please feel free to share it with other IoT product folks!
PS – If you want to learn more, don’t miss our upcoming webinar where Josh and I will discuss the complexities of building IoT products. You can register for the webinar here.