Welcome to IoT Shop Talk, a new series at TechProductManagement. IoT Shop Talk features in-depth conversations with product leaders on what it takes to build great IoT products…all from a Product Management perspective.
In this edition of IoT Shop Talk, I’m talking with Paul Jauregui, VP of Marketing at Praetorian. Praetorian provides comprehensive, end-to-end security services for companies building IoT products. I’m very excited to share his perspective on incorporating security into the IoT Product Development Lifecycle.
Here are the key topics I discuss with Paul:
- Tell me about yourself and about Praetorian
- Regarding security, what are the biggest challenges companies face when building IoT products?
- How can Product Managers convince executives to invest in security?
- You once mentioned to me, “Security is not a feature, it’s a process.” (I really like that). Can you elaborate?
- How can Product Managers balance build vs buy decisions around security?
- What advice would you give Product Managers that are new to managing security for their IoT product?
I hope you enjoy this episode of IoT Talk Shop. And please feel free to share it with other IoT product folks!
Links to additional resources mentioned during the interview:
- Praetorian Website
- Praetorian’s IoT Security Overview (PDF)
- [Report] The 8 Biggest IoT Security Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- On Twitter @PraetorianLabs
- Paul Jauregui (LinkedIn)
Want more interviews? Check out a previous episode of IoT Shop Talk where I interview Josh Pederson, head of products for Ayla Networks.